Kris Kringle

This is a secure and safe place for people to bitch, moan, argue, or rejoice (yes, really) about having Type 1 Diabetes. If something has inspired you or enraged you, here's your opportunity to let everyone know.

Kris Kringle

Postby kat » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Hi
last your we did KK which I loved
can we do it again this year and maybe start early so it can be world wide made
kat

Postby Bella » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:34 pm

What the hell is KK??????
Bella

Postby Mel » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 pm

I didn't have a clue but now I think she means kris kringle
Mel

Postby carolyn » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:10 pm

That would be a great idea to do again. There were some very creative gifts last year.
Half the people you know are below average.
carolyn

Postby Bella » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Oh, how cool! I'd be in that!
Bella

Postby Kate » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:50 pm

Acey's your man. If he's up to it I'm happy to do some behind the scenes help as well. Mind you, I think we both might go on strike with Christmas being mentioned so damn early! Geez, one bushfire and you're proclaiming it midsummer already!
Kate

Postby Be11ydancer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:14 pm

I'll be in it if it's on again!

Has anyone else started shopping yet or am I the only obsessive compulsive around here? I started in June and The Bear has been giving me a hard time about storing all of these 8!@@)^ presents months before Christmas. Please somebody tell me that I'm not the only person who starts early so I have some ammunition when he calls me OCD girl.....
Dance like it hurts. Love like you need money. Work when people are watching.
Be11ydancer

Postby kat » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:18 pm

hi
thanks mel
I finished my xmas shopping at the kmart toy sale in June??
I buy though out the year
much better
I don;t go shopping in December(just fruit and vegie) I also do chrisco so all my food is drop off
kat

Postby Be11ydancer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:32 pm

Thanx Kat. I was beginning to think I was on my own little planet. I still have a way to go but I've done most of the stocking stuffers, got my list sorted and organised a couple of main presents including The Bear's -he's already got it and is playing with it (XBox 360 with extra controller,a special charger thingy, 2 games and gold pack access) Maybe I should take it back so we aren't storing his present too early too ;D
Be11ydancer

Postby Bella » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:57 pm

Hey Shelley,
I too shop all year found for Christmas. Not only do I like to be organised, but ........ I'M A CHRSITMAS FREEK!
All my friends and family give me heaps, because I live for xmas! I'm about to put my xmas tree up, I usually do it end of October. At soon as my tree goes up, I play xmas music all day, everyday, and everyone, including my kids get a bit sick of it after a while!
So to answer your question, yes, you're not the only early xmas shopper!
Bella

Postby Jade » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:58 am

Kate wrote:Mind you, I think we both might go on strike with Christmas being mentioned so damn early! Geez, one bushfire and you're proclaiming it midsummer already!

Hehehe I know what you mean Kate - the midday news here just said that there is snow falling in california already (Lake Tahoe) and that there may even be snow in west NY this weekend! So yeah even though it is only a couple of weeks into fall here - people are talking about winter!

Oh and yeah i'd love to be part of the KK fun!
Jade

Postby Bella » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:19 am

Jade wrote:
Kate wrote:Mind you, I think we both might go on strike with Christmas being mentioned so damn early! Geez, one bushfire and you're proclaiming it midsummer already!

Hehehe I know what you mean Kate - the midday news here just said that there is snow falling in california already (Lake Tahoe) and that there may even be snow in west NY this weekend! So yeah even though it is only a couple of weeks into fall here - people are talking about winter!

Ohhhhhh, I'd love to see a 'White Christmas'!!! I'll definately get there one day.
Jade, where is best part of the US to see a White Christmas, and do you really have small choirs of people walking door to door singing xmas carols? And do you really sit around the open fire eating roasted chestnuts???? Because that is what we see on TV!!!
Bella

Postby Bella » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:20 am

Ohhhhhh, I'd love to see a 'White Christmas'!!! I'll definately get there one day.
Jade, where is best part of the US to see a White Christmas, and do you really have small choirs of people walking door to door singing xmas carols? And do you really sit around the open fire eating roasted chestnuts???? Because that is what we see on TV!!!
Bella

Postby Ezza » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:30 am

Bella wrote:I'M A CHRSITMAS FREEK!

Oh my God so am I. I love Christmas, I'm getting so excited just talking about it!!

Last year I decorated my desk at work with tinsel and my own little tree, and I wore Christmas earrings to work every day in December, and Christmas socks with bells on them which drove everyone nuts!!

BUT I'm definitely not an early Christmas shopper. I love doing my Christmas shopping in the week before Christmas. I know it sounds crazy but I love shopping during that week when it's really busy and all the shops have Christmas music playing & stuff. I go down to Sydney every year to do my shopping to get the full effect (it's just not Christmas shopping without going to David Jones).

I'm so excited - there's only ten & a half weeks to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yep I'll definitely be in the Kris Kringle.
Ezza

Postby Acey » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:15 am

There's some speculation of high level talks occurring at KK Corp. Early reports are favourable, however October is indeed ridiculous. More news will be reported as it comes to hand.
Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle
Acey

Postby Jade » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:25 am

Bella - I have only been here since March, so I don't know what it is going to be like. Looking forward to it though! Expect it will be a bit different from the usual BBQ christmas in Brisbane that I am used to!
Jade

Postby Tash » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:39 am

I will definately be in it again this year... I love giving pressies *grins*...

Last year nobody sent me a gift though *pathetic sniff*.... not that I was in it to get something back.... I really am a giver more than receiver...but it woulda been nice! *grins*
How many carbs in a donut? Image ...mmmh donuts!
Tash

Postby chelle » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:04 pm

tash, did you send a gift and not receive one?????
dance like no ones watching...
chelle

Postby Tash » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:19 pm

YUP Chelle...... I sent one and nuffing came back! *sniffles*

Seriously though...its all cool *grins*..... I still had fun sending...and will definately do so again this year! *smiles*
Tash

Postby hallie » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:21 pm

so whoever pulls out tash from the hat this year has to send 2 pressies??

i'm in!
hallie

Postby bynne18 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:19 am

I would love to join in as well...
~bynne
bynne18

Postby artemis » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:50 am

And me.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby periau » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:56 pm

I would LOVE to join in this too.
I've been absent from RC for about 5-6 months, am just reading the forums now.
periau

Postby Kate » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:58 pm

KK Corp is reporting that the gates to KK HQ will be prized open once we are comfortably into November. An announcement will be made prominently on this website. However, we have received a notice of intent from the KK Union that any further discussion of Christmas before that time could precipitate highly disruptive industrial action.
Kate

Postby Bella » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:30 pm

Ezza wrote:
Bella wrote:I'M A CHRSITMAS FREEK!

Oh my God so am I. I love Christmas, I'm getting so excited just talking about it!!

Last year I decorated my desk at work with tinsel and my own little tree, and I wore Christmas earrings to work every day in December, and Christmas socks with bells on them which drove everyone nuts!!.

YIPPEE........ ANOTHER XMAS FREEK
I've only ever met one other person that is sooooo into xmas!
AND YES, YES, YES!!!! I have to go to DJ's every xmas time, even if I don't need to buy anything, I'll just buy a beautifully cased container of choc coated peanuts that cost $500....... (LOL), But I just have to have that atmosphere....... it's fantastic!
Bella

Postby carolyn » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:42 pm

Kate wrote:KK Corp is reporting that the gates to KK HQ will be prized open once we are comfortably into November.

I guess the subject was brought up this early to allow those KKers overseas and those sending OS the chance to take advantage of much cheaper surface/seamail options.
carolyn

Postby Kate » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:50 pm

Having been an o/s participant in the last KK, I am well aware of this. We didn't even launch the idea until into December last year. It's already too late for seamail (12 weeks) in most cases. If anyone is desperately concerned about this, please email me and we can work something out.
Kate

Postby chelle » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:55 pm

think we might have to get in touch with KK headquarters to find out who drew Tash last year and find out why she never received a prezzie... this just is not good enough!
On behalf of all KK'ers i appologise tash!
dance like no ones watching...
chelle

Postby Mel » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:43 pm

Yep, that is very low to participate in a kk and not send a pressie. Very poor form.
Mel

Postby Be11ydancer » Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:15 pm

Bella, Ezza,
I have to confess, I am a huge Christmas freak. I start planning my Christmas decor theme as soon as the decos appear in shops. The tree comes out the first weekend after the 8th December because that's the last preChristmas birthday in the family. If I had my way it would be going up towards the end of October. I have a huge selection of Christmas CDs- including Harry Connick Jr for romantic evenings. I also have an entire wardrobe of christmas earrings and Christmas themed outfits for the last week of term. The tree goes down when The Bear makes me take it down (6th Jan) otherwise it would still be up come February.

My Mum is also a bit of a Chrissie freak- we have been banned from shopping together around Christmas, especially anywhere near anything vaguely looking like decorations.......
Be11ydancer

Postby bynne18 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:53 pm

I am from New Jersey so I do not know how long it would take to get a present to someone in Australia, but I still want to play along. It seems like so much fun. I feel that so many could learn so much valuable information from Reality Check. I know I spread the word around all the time. And on Fridays I usually find myself sending LLAMBO's post to every one I know. On occasion you can also find me telling someone's story to others:)
~bynne
bynne18

Postby Bella » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:26 am

Be11ydancer wrote:Bella, Ezza,
I have to confess, I am a huge Christmas freak. I start planning my Christmas decor theme as soon as the decos appear in shops. The tree comes out the first weekend after the 8th December because that's the last preChristmas birthday in the family. If I had my way it would be going up towards the end of October. I have a huge selection of Christmas CDs- including Harry Connick Jr for romantic evenings. I also have an entire wardrobe of christmas earrings and Christmas themed outfits for the last week of term. The tree goes down when The Bear makes me take it down (6th Jan) otherwise it would still be up come February.

My Mum is also a bit of a Chrissie freak- we have been banned from shopping together around Christmas, especially anywhere near anything vaguely looking like decorations.......

Way to go Shelley!!! Good to hear!
Bella

Postby Tash » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:50 am

Thanks for the appologies Chelle....Im not at all stressed about not receiving a gift last year...I dont want to make an issue....

Like I said ...I didnt join the list to get something...I joined coz I had a cool idea of something I wanted to send! *snickers*

Its all good...and hasnt put me off signing up this year! *grins*
Tash

Postby Inga » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:54 pm

kris kringle = secret santa??
Inga

Postby periau » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:21 pm

Inga wrote:kris kringle = secret santa??

yep thats the one
periau

Postby JoJo » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:33 pm

me too i'd love to be in it as well, put my name down.
Duh, I have sugar diabetes.
JoJo

Postby Em_nz » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:26 pm

Sounds like fun - if it's worth joining in from overseas then I'm in!

I'll look forward to the 'official' announcements & info at a later date... til then, Mum's the word!

Em.
The cure *could* be chocolate. I'm experimenting.
Em_nz

Postby 2strokelad2006 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:56 am

KK?
Why not KKK? Then we can all dress in white sheets &.......Hmmmmm maybe not ;-).
Secret Santa sounds fun. Couhnt me in & no I havent even stated MY shopping yet.
I have Lisa's B'day & our aniversary next month so I should be skint for the next three years LOL.
Gray :-)
Back off, my sugar is high, I have a gun & shovel - no one will miss you!
2strokelad2006

Postby carolyn » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:32 pm

bynne18 wrote:I am from New Jersey so I do not know how long it would take to get a present to someone in Australia

Airmail is usually about 10 working days to/from Aus
carolyn

Postby Jade » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:36 pm

yep, that's about right. It is actually a little faster from Aus to the US though which I can't figure out. Mum sent a parcel on a Thursday and I got it on the Monday (6 days with the time zone changes included) not bad!
Jade

Postby artemis » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:55 pm

I've ordered books through Amazon on a Thursday and had them delivered the next Wednesday. I was impressed.
Jane
Infundo ergo sum.
artemis

Postby Acey » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:36 pm

Every time someone says Secret Santa, it makes me think of this guy

Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle
Acey

Postby 2strokelad2006 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Ahhhhh,
memories LOL.
Gray :)
Back off, my sugar is high, I have a gun & shovel - no one will miss you!
2strokelad2006

Return to MAIN FORUM - THE PLACE TO START